Palomino Student Wellness Attendant (Part-Time)
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Palomino Student Wellness Attendant is responsible for conducting/interpreting various assessments, including, but not limited to, blood pressure, body temperature, height, and weight. Wellness Attendants are responsible for providing a clean, safe, and helpful workout environment for the users of the Kinesiology & Wellness Fitness Centers, sports complexes, and swimming pool, as well as assist those working out. Additionally, Wellness Attendants will be responsible for cleaning assigned areas within the facilities. Wellness attendants will be expected to promote student safety, engagement, and involvement in wellness activities and keep accurate records of attendance/participation as needed.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe workout environment through the constant circulation of the floor.
- Be able to answer basic fitness questions and have extensive knowledge of the equipment and proper workout technique.
- Be available to set up any user on any piece of equipment or weight machine and properly provide spots to users.
- Keep the fitness floor clean and make sure all weights are in their proper place.
- Enforce all facility policies and procedures and execute emergency procedures when necessary.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Respect students’ privacy when addressing concerns.
- Maintain a high level of customer service while addressing student needs.
- Maintain and consistently update informative bulletin boards in the Wellness Center or other designated areas.
- Promote and participate in the enhancement of the Palomino Wellness Program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the department chairperson and/or the Palomino Student Wellness Coordinator.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your high school diploma or unofficial transcript or GED certificate. If recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be required. If a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Currently enrolled LC student.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or must obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Team-oriented, willing to work hard, effective communication and organizational skills, and a desire to learn and help others
- Kinesiology Major, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- .Personal training or similarly related roles as it pertains to fitness and wellness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The individual must be knowledgeable, mature, and concerned with the wellness of students.
- The individual must be cooperative and professional in dealing with college administrators, colleagues, and students.
- The ability to operate specialized equipment and have general knowledge of fitness and wellness are essential.
Palomino Student wellness Coordinator, Department Chairperson, Dean of Arts and Sciences and/or the Provost/Vice-President of Academic Affairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.