Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. The Executive Director/Director of Institutional Effectiveness provides leadership and direction to develop and maintain a comprehensive program of institutional research to facilitate institutional assessment, quality improvement, and external reporting. This position will also be responsible for the coordination of all record keeping, distribution and use of data for planning, decision-making, assessment, external surveys, and visualization tools. The Director of Institutional Effectiveness works with the Provost and Leadership Team to develop, monitor, and document performance indicators for strategic initiatives. This position is a 12-month staff position.
Essential Functions :
Supports university executives, campus administrators, and campus committees with research planning, and analysis of institutional and/or comparative data used to inform and enhance policy formation and decision-making for strategic planning, resource allocation, enrollment management, fiscal management, and outcomes assessment.
- Further the efforts of units/centers/departments in formulating and achieving strategic and operational planning goals.
- Lead the training, design, planning, and implementation of academic program assessment to improve effectiveness and quality of student learning.
- Manage the administrative, reporting, and technical responsibilities related to the institutional effectiveness and research functions of the of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Manage the creation and analysis of assessment instruments and surveys conducted by the University.
- Collect and compile institutional data for official internal and external reporting.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with strategic planning, accreditation, budgeting, the use of data for program evaluation, and assessment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally, with evidence of success in explaining, presenting, and interpreting data.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and procedures.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Dependability, attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment are extremely important in this role.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited University and experience in higher education institutional assessment, research, and effectiveness.
- Facility with data collection, analysis, organization, visualization, and presentation with a variety of audiences and settings.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to convey complex information in oral and written reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Power BI.
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, ability to work independently and under time constraints.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Accreditation Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Institutional Research & Planning Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens