Division Assistant,Liberal Arts
Empowering people by raising aspirations and fostering achievement through dynamic, compassionate, and responsible learning experiences.
Title: Division Assistant Grade: B22 FLSA: Non-Exempt Date: May 2021
Reports to: Dean, Liberal Arts, Business & Informational Technology
_________________________________________________________________________________________Purpose of Position
Assist by performing all duties associated with assessing and meeting the needs of administration, faculty, staff, students, and district residents in order to assure a smooth operation and provide quality education opportunities. Areas of responsibility include Art, Communications, English, Foreign Language, Geography, History, Humanities, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Sign Language, Teacher Education, and Human Services.
Key Measurable Expectations:
The following are duties that are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Provide student assistance (registration, interaction with program coordinator and faculty, etc.)
- Word process and disseminate memos, letters, reports, forms, and other materials.
- Inform students of classes/programs
- Input student and faculty data
- Support full-time and adjunct Liberal Arts faculty on all Lewis and Clark campuses
- Maintain records and staff files
- Enter course schedule
- Order books and supplies
- Receive, sort and distribute mail
- Prepare and enter faculty payroll information
- Prepare work orders, check requests and purchase orders as needed
- Assist with class scheduling and staffing
- Maintain employee absence records and monthly reports
- Proctor tests as needed
- Update and maintain the Division Assistant organization on Blackboard
- Serve as note taker for the Diversity Council
- Provide support for Honors College coordinators
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A.S. Office Technology/Administrative Assistant or equivalent experience required
- Twelve months of secretarial/office experience
- Data entry experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with Colleague
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to discern appropriate actions in confidential and potentially volatile situations.
- Demonstrated office technology skills including typing, filing and organization.
- Possess a high level of computer and technology literacy.
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit any form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.