The Student Office Assistant in the Office of Institutional Equity
and Compliance assists with routine office duties. Answers phones
and greets visitors, organizes office materials and files, and
assists with events and programs.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that
practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate
expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students
to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to
apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow
and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to: • Assist
with RSVPs through Eagle Link. • Attend events and assist
with event setup, breakdown, and attendance tracking. •
Assist with pulling and analyzing reports for the D&I
Certificate Program. • Attend tabling events on behalf of
OIEC. • Assist with survey creation and distribution.
• May be asked to create and/or present sessions for the D&I
Certificate Program. • Answers phones and routes calls.
• Sorts and delivers mail/packages throughout the office.
• Accurately files paperwork, makes copies, and compiles
documents. • Assists with administrative tasks. •
Offers suggestions for effective student marketing. • Work
on special projects as needed. • Performs other job-related
duties as assigned. Other Duties: Performs other job
related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications: Must be a full-time student at
Florida Gulf Coast University, at the time of hire and throughout
the appointment. Must have a minimum GPA 2.5 and be in good
conduct standing with the University. Experience operating a
personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, and Outlook). Eligible for work study funding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files,
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines for work assignments.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals of
varied ages, abilities, racial, ethnic, and cultural
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related
information and materials.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume
- Ability to represent the university in a positive and
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with
university faculty, staff, students, and the general
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance
and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance
with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships
with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.