CWS Student Office Assistant, Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance OIEC
The Student Office Assistant in the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance assists with routine office duties. Answers phones and greets visitors, organizes office materials and files, and assists with events and programs.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to: • Assist with RSVPs through Eagle Link. • Attend events and assist with event setup, breakdown, and attendance tracking. • Assist with pulling and analyzing reports for the D&I Certificate Program. • Attend tabling events on behalf of OIEC. • Assist with survey creation and distribution. • May be asked to create and/or present sessions for the D&I Certificate Program. • Answers phones and routes calls. • Sorts and delivers mail/packages throughout the office. • Accurately files paperwork, makes copies, and compiles documents. • Assists with administrative tasks. • Offers suggestions for effective student marketing. • Work on special projects as needed. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Other Duties: Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications: Must be a full-time student at Florida Gulf Coast University, at the time of hire and throughout the appointment. Must have a minimum GPA 2.5 and be in good conduct standing with the University. Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Eligible for work study funding. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines for work assignments.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals of varied ages, abilities, racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume department.
- Ability to represent the university in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers