Undergraduate Admissions Processor I
The Undergraduate Admissions Processor I processes admissions applications, transcripts, test scores, and correspondence for new, re-enrolling, or undergraduate transfer students. This position enters application data into the administrative software system.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Collects, reviews and verifies student admission applications, transcripts, and other related documents for admission to ensure they are authentic and in compliance with university policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
• Inputs admissions data (transcripts, test scores, and personal data) into the system and reviews for accuracy.
• Creates, maintains, and manages files, records and other data in student record system.
• Maintains a secure and confidential environment for student records and other data.
• Sets up transcripts and applications for transfer evaluation.
• Prepare and mail admissions packages as well as other recruitment and yield materials.
• Responds to residency inquiries in a timely manner and provides accurate information.
• Investigates and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the department.
• Assists with major admissions recruitment and yield events.
•Adheres to established standards on the use and protection of restricted data as outlined in FGCU Policy 3.042. Responsible for completing the ‘Get Secure’ training course annually.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of experience professional full-time experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience with data entry.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and adaptive technology.
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization
Experience in student services or admissions office in a higher education institution.
Experience with Ellucian Banner or a similar student information system.
Bilingual: English/Spanish or English/Creole.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of clerical and administrative practices.
Knowledge of admission rules and regulations, FERPA, and university policies.
Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) applications.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions, and/or develop appropriate alternatives where applicable.
Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers