Undergraduate Freshman Admissions Counselor
The Undergraduate Freshman Admissions Counselor supports the undergraduate enrollment efforts of the university by providing admissions information to prospective or newly admitted students. Contributes to communication materials and represents the University at offsite locations freshman fairs and feeder high schools.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates recruitment activities for assigned region and/or feeder colleges.
• Interacts with prospective students, families and the general public.
• Travels for recruitment activities such as conducting information sessions, college fairs and on-campus events.
• Reviews freshman applications and makes admissions decisions.
• Provides creative support in the development of recruitment marketing materials and communications including letters, brochures, website postings, electronic mail, social media, and other mediums.
• Fosters and develop relationships with feeder high schools, community organizations or other recruitment sources.
• Maintains accurate records on all recruitment and yield activities. Compiles and reports on recruitment initiatives and data.
• Monitors application progress and audits student records to ensure accuracy of completion of application materials.
• Reviews progress, evaluates results, implements new processes, and promotes best practices.
• Assist with the implementation of articulation agreements with partner universities.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Experience using admissions CRM technology.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
One year of professional full-time experience in student recruitment, admissions, or related field.
Ability to travel throughout the state of Florida.
Experience in higher education, public relations, communication, or public speaking.
Bilingual: English/Spanish and/or English/Creole.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the position.
Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete assignments within deadlines.
Ability to understand, interpret, apply, and explain applicable policies and procedures.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to present to large groups.
$38,000 - $40,000
A valid Driver’s License is required for this position.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers