University Code 14114 University Title Senior Community Engagement Coordinator 1 University Job Family Community Engagement & Outreach ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Administrative Coordinator Position Number 593300 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department VCU Health Hub at 25th Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Position: Administrative Coordinator for VCU Health Hub@25th
Virginia Commonwealth University’s ( VCU ) Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success ( IES ) seeks an administrative coordinator for the VCU Health Hub@25th (the Hub). Reporting to the Director, the position will provide administrative support to the Director and manage complex administrative processes in support of the Hub. This position will interact with Hub leadership, program partners, community members, VCU faculty and guests. Given how visible and outward looking this position is, the role requires tact and strong interpersonal and communication skills. The administrative coordinator must be able to work with diverse stakeholders in a demanding, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment.
GOAL OF UNIT
IES advances VCU’s commitment to the success and wellbeing of its faculty, staff, students, team members, patients and surrounding communities. From its work in the areas of equal opportunity and outreach to collective urban and regional impact, IES translates philosophy into practice to achieve education and health equity for all.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE :
- Provide daily administrative support to the Director of the Hub including scheduling appointments and serving as point of contact for the Director’s office.
- Manage Hub front office activities, greet visitors and manage the intake process.
- Organize Director’s and other Hub-related meetings, help develop meeting agendas, prepare meeting materials, and take/distribute minutes accordingly as needed.
- Manage administrative tasks and follow up on Hub activities and projects, staying informed regarding all on-going projects and reports for the Director and the Hub leadership team.
- Exercise a high level of independent judgment in triaging requests and resolving issues for a variety of constituencies.
- Effectively communicate with community partners, Hub leadership, and other staff on behalf of the Director.
- Represent the Hub in internal and external relationships with professionalism.
- Provide support to program partners with the application process.
- Handle special projects and perform miscellaneous related duties as required.
- Apply planning and project management skills to a range of administrative work/situations.
- Develop routines to manage workloads and organize work efficiently.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field or equivalent experience
- Progressively responsible administrative experience
- Experience in higher education or community-engaged organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to perform duties without direct supervision or guidance on a regular basis
- Proficient in upholding a high level of confidentiality through adherence to established protocols and guidelines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to track and/or manage various projects and priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and prioritizing workflow
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Ability to use technology to create administrative efficiencies and interest in staying technically current and mastering new software and university systems
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, and be cooperative, proactive and flexible
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience with REDcap software
- Experience with Canvas
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information
*Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences, and academic and professional activities will impact your contributions to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally BIPOC groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience
For more information please visit https://provost.vcu.edu/faculty/prospective/ Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, occasional evenings/weekend Job Open Date 07/13/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107851 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond