Part-Time Building Manager
Job Code/Title 80691 - H - Trades Worker FM 1 * Position Number HU1531 Working Title Part-Time Building Manager Department Student Commons Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $18/hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 29 Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Trades/ Housekeeping and Operations Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
Brief Description of Duties :
The Part-time Building Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operation of the center. This includes the supervision of approximately 40 students who are responsible for front line customer service operations, lost and found, and providing support to all of the tenants housed in the building. The Part-time Building Manager will be responsible for leadership and supervision in the areas of building operations, facilities, and student staff development. The ideal candidate will possess skills in customer service, organization and multi-tasking, and the maturity to supervise undergraduate student staff. The Part-time Building Manager will work closely with the Assistant Director for Facilities and Operations to ensure proper supervision of facilities and event coverage. Evening and weekend hours are to be expected and will be assigned as necessary. The Part-time Building Manager will report directly to the Assistant Director for Facilities and Operations.
Specific Responsibilities(Description of the Job):
- Manage student team members (Facility Assistants and Information Assistants) including hiring, scheduling, training (conduct in-service trainings and staff meetings), mentoring, and evaluating
- Maintain operating manuals for Information Assistants and Facility Assistants
- Conduct and facilitate Information Assistant and Facility Assistant meetings
- Utilize Event Management Software ( EMS ) and Social Tables to translate the weekly reservation demands into the WhenToWork student staff schedule
- Evaluate facilities for continued operational effectiveness
- Track furniture and equipment inventory
- Build campus partnerships with the community who utilizes the facility
- Assist in the management of special maintenance projects that occur throughout the year
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director or Assistant Director
- Manage and track uniforms for USCA
- Manage, organize, and create/enforce policies with Crowdfind
- Division of Student Affairs Training Sessions and Presentations
- Assigned University/Division Committees
- College Student Union and Facilities Professional Development Opportunities
- Fall and Spring Student Employment trainings
Expectations (Required Qualifications):
- 29 hours per week, hours may vary.
- In addition to the specific responsibilities of this position, the Part-time Building Manager is responsible for a variety of roles as a staff member within the USC &A Department.
- Experience in the areas of building operations and student staff development are strongly preferred.
- Organized, analytical and detailed-oriented individual capable of performing under a variety of requirements and deadlines
- Have proven skills in the areas of student employee staffing and development and be able to recognize and encourage growth and development of student employees
- Ability to exercise authority and good judgment in the absence of or in conjunction with the Associate Director and/or Assistant Director for the Student Commons & Student Activities in a variety of situations, demonstrating exceptional leadership characteristics and interpersonal skills
- Have regular office hours to be available to meet with student and professional staff and work on assigned tasks as necessary
- Work in conjunction with the Assistant Director for Facilities and Operations in managing the operations and students and other overlapping job responsibilities
- Proactively plan and administer training programs, retreats and projects that will enhance student learning and improve overall productivity, efficiencies, professionalism and operational excellence in University Student Commons & Activities operations.
- Track departmental incident and accident reports.
Physical Requirements: Included but not limited to the following; Lifting, walking, standing, kneeling, moving of furniture, manual dexterity. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with When to Work Software
- Student Employee Supervision Experience
Job Open Date 07/20/2021 Remove from posting on or before 08/15/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/108020 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond