Executive Admin Assistant
University Code 19113 University Title Executive Administrative Assistant 3 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search National Working Title Executive Admin Assistant Position Number 575760 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School Of Dentistry Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The School of Dentistry, Office of Clinical Education, invites applicants to apply to the Executive Administrative Assistant position. This position provides administrative support to the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Education and the Dean’s Office within the School.
The Office of Clinical Education is responsible for establishing and supervising the clinical curriculum for dental and dental hygiene students. The clinical curriculum is the distinguishing part of dental education, as the goal of our program is to have our graduates ready to achieve a
license as an entry-level general dentist or dental hygienist.
The Office is responsible for planning, scheduling, evaluation and maintenance of dental, dental hygiene and graduate student curricula for the School of Dentistry. The primary function of this position is to assist the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Education and the Dean’s Office faculty and staff by providing a wide variety of administrative and office coordination. Secondary executive administrative support would be to the Graduate Program Director, Advanced Education Committee, Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Director of Curriculum Advancement and Chair of Curriculum Committee.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
– Supports the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Education in daily operations as directed. This position manages student registration for clinical board exams, coordinates site preparation details with clinical boards, conveys information regarding boards on behalf of the clinical dean, and provides any other administrative support necessary to administer clinical board examinations at VCU . This position also provides administrative support for committees reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Education.
– With respect to the Advanced Education/ Master of Science in Dentistry ( MSD ) programs, takes the lead responsibility for supporting the academic affairs work related to these programs. Prepares or oversees the preparation of academic calendars and schedules for Advanced Education/ MSD program. Collaborates with the Graduate School on matters relating to the MSD program. Collaborates with Student Services and Registrar’s Office to ensure accuracy of Advanced Education/ MSD students’ registration and grade records.
– Provides primary support for the business of the Advanced Education Committee. Provides primary support for the Director of Curriculum Advancement and Chair of Curriculum Committee. Maintains printed and electronic files and databases related to academic affairs including resident’s rosters.
– Supports the Director of Advanced Education in preparation of accreditation documents. Assist Director of Advanced Education, Senior Associate Dean and Executive Associate Dean in MSD track review.
– Supports the Director of Curriculum Advancement and Senior Associate Dean in management of the Outcomes Assessment program including collection and management of data, completion of routine analyses and preparation of routine reports. Maintains regular contact with individuals responsible for providing outcomes data.
– Processes on-line travel and coordinates this with the Office of Accounts Payable and Support Services and the Office of Administration.
– Planning of new resident orientation and graduating resident’s reception. Performing internal degree audits and coordination of graduation application and diploma ordering process.
– Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Hiring Standards
– Several years of progressive administrative experience.
– Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and decision-making skills.
– Ability to rapidly multi-task with excellent organizational skills.
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with excellent attention to detail.
– Strong problem-solving skills.
– Ability to compose appropriate written communication documents with minimal supervision.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
– Strict confidentiality and the use of sound judgment and discretion in the handling of sensitive and privileged information.
– Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU . Preferred Hiring Standards
– College degree or equivalent applicable training and/or experience.
– Experience in the medical field, dentistry, or health sciences.
– Experience and knowledge of VCU procurement policies and procedures, Banner and eVA.
– Experience and knowledge of VCU assessment tools ( WEAVE ). Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 07/20/2021 Posting will close on or before 07/30/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107855 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current VCU employee?
- * Please describe your administrative experience in higher
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe any work experience in a dental environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond