Department Secretary for College of Nursing
Job Title Department Secretary for College of Nursing Posting Number S974P Classification Title
Serves as Department Secretary in the College of Nursing Office by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as the Department Secretary in the College of Nursing Office.
2. Maintains and schedule appointments for Administrative Team, and other staff as requested.
3. Provides assistance with calls and visitors to the College of Nursing.
4. Records date of all documents received in the College of Nursing and distributes to the appropriate person.
5. Coordinate all travel for the College of Nursing.
6. Schedule student workers.
7. Maintain all office machines, and general flow of office.
8. Maintain and order all office supplies for the College of Nursing.
9. Coordinate College of Nursing Events.
10. Process all Key and swipe card permissions.
11. Enter all facilities maintenance requisitions.
12. Order all student clinical badges.
13. Presents a positive supportive image of the College of Nursing, California Baptist University, and Christian Higher Education. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
§ Ability to communicate accurately and effectively orally and in writing.
§ Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
§ Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in work.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Ability to demonstrate excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to represent the School of Nursing in a positive manner to others in public and at CBU .
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of Nursing education and experience.
Open Date 07/20/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6643 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Other Document
- Other Document 2