Department Secretary for College of Nursing
Serves as Department Secretary in the College of Nursing Office by
performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as the Department Secretary in the College of Nursing
2. Maintains and schedule appointments for Administrative Team, and
other staff as requested.
3. Provides assistance with calls and visitors to the College of
4. Records date of all documents received in the College of Nursing
and distributes to the appropriate person.
5. Coordinate all travel for the College of Nursing.
6. Schedule student workers.
7. Maintain all office machines, and general flow of office.
8. Maintain and order all office supplies for the College of
9. Coordinate College of Nursing Events.
10. Process all Key and swipe card permissions.
11. Enter all facilities maintenance requisitions.
12. Order all student clinical badges.
13. Presents a positive supportive image of the College of Nursing,
California Baptist University, and Christian Higher Education.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
§ Ability to communicate accurately and effectively orally and in
§ Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and
§ Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and
attention to detail in work.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Ability to demonstrate excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to represent the School of Nursing in a positive manner
to others in public and at CBU .
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of Nursing education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Other Document
- Other Document 2