Admissions Counselor/Communications Coordinator
Alfred University seeks a dynamic individual to join our team for the admissions counselor communications coordinator position. This position will play a key collaborative role in advancing the university and meeting enrollment objectives. The position will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication plan that articulates the university’s message to prospective students and their families in a variety of public settings. The individual will cooperate with other staff members in the broad context of functional office operations and planning. This position is also responsible for the management of an assigned territory and is responsible for recruitment travel, communication with prospective students and families, and application.
Part III: Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, preferably with experience writing/editing
- Familiarity with programming languages including HTML & Liquid Markup, preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms and current trends
- Ability to serve as an ambassador of the University with availability to work/travel independently in the evening and on weekends as needed
- Values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- A valid driver’s license is required
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree in higher education, student affairs, or related field preferred.
Part IV: Job Responsibilities
- Works in coordination with the Office of Marketing & Communications to ensure consistency with the University’s overall marketing and communications efforts including email, web, social media, video and print communication.
- Writes and drafts copy that is in line with the marketing objectives and brand standards of the university and the Office of Admissions
- Responsible for creating and implementing recruitment messages that includes the creation of email templates and filters in the student database
- Responsible for the updating and maintenance of the websites that pertain to prospective student recruitment, admissions and enrollment
- Collaborates with the Manager of Enrollment Operations and external vendors on all Slate/CRM functions
- Analyze data to inform adjustments to email/campaign outreach continually working toward maximizing impact of digital/electronic messaging
- Counsel prospective students in the office, via telephone, and e-mail regarding academic programs, admissions policies and procedures, and other enrollment-related information
- Represent Alfred University at fairs, open houses, and other recruitment events; overnight travel may be required
- Prepare and deliver presentations to small and large groups; conduct student interviews; provide information and guidance to prospective students and their families
- Establish contacts with high schools, colleges, and recruitment partners. Provide outreach to individuals and organizations; supply organizations with information pertaining to Alfred University for distribution to prospective students
- Review applications and render admissions and scholarship decisions for applicants
- Provide regular outreach to applicants and prospective students (from inquiry through enrollment stages)
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred