Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are
passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the
transformative power of learning.
The Technical Support Specialists provides
technical hardware and software support for the University’s
computers, printers, classroom technology and related devices. This
position will demonstrate customer service skills when responding
to students, faculty and staff technical problems received via a
ticketing system, phone, and email and in person.
Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with
prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and
the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group
of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service,
learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora
Upholds the Mission Statement:Aurora University an
inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of
Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes
the confidential nature of university business.
Supports learning through performance of essential job
functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or
Essential Job Functions:
Performs troubleshooting of AU desktops, laptops and
peripherals on Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems and
applications, providing remote and desk side technical
Create and maintain technical support documentation.
Interacts with vendors to facilitate repairs of hardware, i.e.
printers, laptops and desktops.
Develops and deploys end-user device images by designing,
testing, and documenting the image to be deployed.
Implements hardware and software patches in accordance with
security policies and deployment procedures.
Works proactively with AU personnel to on-board new employees
and prepare hardware and software for those employees, and assists
in the training and orientation of new staff in use of hardware and
Be a role model to student workers, including the areas of
accountability, performance, attendance practices, and maintaining
a positive work environment.
Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts as appropriate
based on staffing needs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Network+, A+ or MCP preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in desktop support role.
- Imaging of operating systems using software such as Clonezilla,
Fog, WDS, and MDT.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of client / server and cloud based technologies.
- General TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Experience with working in an environment with print management
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Experience supporting projectors and smartboards in a classroom
- Solid understanding of Microsoft and Apple operating
- Sound judgment and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication
- Quick learner with great prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and be dependable.
- Ability to accept divergent views while maintaining a
constructive working relationship with other team members.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Travel to alternate sites as needs demand.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including
health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b)
retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send
resume with cover letter and contact information for three
references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.