Technical Support Specialist
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Technical Support Specialists provides technical hardware and software support for the University’s computers, printers, classroom technology and related devices. This position will demonstrate customer service skills when responding to students, faculty and staff technical problems received via a ticketing system, phone, and email and in person.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Network+, A+ or MCP preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in desktop support role.
- Imaging of operating systems using software such as Clonezilla, Fog, WDS, and MDT.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of client / server and cloud based technologies.
- General TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Experience with working in an environment with print management solutions.
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Experience supporting projectors and smartboards in a classroom environment.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
- Sound judgment and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Quick learner with great prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and be dependable.
- Ability to accept divergent views while maintaining a constructive working relationship with other team members.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Travel to alternate sites as needs demand.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.