Administrative Assistant III , Auxiliary Services (1.0)
Posting Date: July 20, 2021
This Office of Auxiliary Services oversees all aspects of operations for events in Usdan, Memorial Chapel, and Fayerweather, including campus dining; Reservations and Conferences ; Retail Services, including the Wesleyan RJ Julia Bookstore and the Cardinal Tech Campus Store; the WesCard Program; and WesStation (mailroom services). The Administrative Assistant, Auxiliary Services works collaboratively as a member of the Auxiliary Services Department and provides support to the professional staff members of the team.
Reporting to the Director of Auxiliary Services, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations in the Auxiliary Services Administrative Office.
- Manage the front office area of Auxiliary Service Administration including answering phones for multiple departments (Aux. Services, Reservations and Conferences, Operations and WesCard), greeting walk-in traffic, maintaining office supplies, maintain department kitchen supply orders.
- Monitor WesCard replacement ID request email account; Create new/replacement faculty/staff/student/and contractors ID’s; Enter issue numbers into Transact for replacement ID cards for Faculty, Staff and Students; Bill replacement student ID’s through SFS .
- Monitor EMS Reservations email inbox, schedule all no needs events, information table and banner requests and consult with EMS team on complex reservation and conference requests.
- Monitor Laundry Service email for account set-up requests and Mac-Gray service call requests. Submit service requests as needed to Mac-Gray.
- Monitor Student employee log sheets and submit work orders based on maintenance issues outlined within them. Monitor and track work orders submitted.
- Make Middletown Cash, conference deposit/payment and vendor check deposits through WFS ( Wesleyan Financial System).
- Support WesCard Services Manager during peak times at the beginning and ending of each semester and when creating parent mailers.
- Support Reservations and Conference team during peak times throughout the semester
- Weekly submission of all student time sheets.
- Support financial needs of the department including serving as proxy for WFS reconciliation process, assisting with purchases, processing billing for conferences and internal space usage.
- Manage University Lost and Found Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is in the secretarial/bargaining unit. Work schedule is 35 hours per week.
Associates Degree and 2 years of related or experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail.
Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service .
Demonstrated ability to work in a “team oriented” office,
Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
Excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines .
Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications.
Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently and prioritize. workload.
Ability to work with academic departments and other student support service areas as required.
Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a diverse and multicultural environment .
Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
Ability to work occasional evening and weekend work as needed.
Ability to work occasional holidays as needed.
Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and collaborating with individuals of different backgrounds.
Higher Education work experience.
Experience with Event Management Software ( EMS ) scheduling package.
Experience with Peoplesoft, Transact LincPlus software.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is August 17, 2021
Any and all offers to external applicants for an administrative assistant or union position are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening and computer skills assessment to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Auxiliary Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown