Library Supervisor - (STA007786)
Supervises the daily operations of a functional or service unit within the university libraries.
- Supervises clerical staff in the daily operations of the unit, including hiring, discipline, training, and performance appraisals.
- Plans and coordinates work schedules and distribution of work assignments within the unit.
- Oversees the daily operations of the unit, including budget oversight, maintenance of supplies inventory, and resolution of problems.,,
- May communicate with vendors, publishers, and subject librarians regarding orders, invoices, receipts or current holdings.,
- May provide reference and information services to library patrons as needed.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports on unit activities as required.
- Coordinates or participates in special projects as assigned.
- Assists in developing library policies, procedures, goals, and changes to services.,
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Duties
- With rare books curator, manages aspects of rare books processing including delivery and retrieval of items for cataloging, and creation of basic preservation enclosures
- Manages circulation activities for rare books and archives reading room, including retrieving and reshelving of items, responding to requests for copies, and collecting statistical data
Additional Job Posting Informaiton:
-Department is willing to substitute education in lieu of experience.
-Department is willing to substitute experience in lieu of education.
18 months and 3 years experience
Requires specialized training in basic trades, principles, procedures, practice, routines, or techniques in a specific area or trade which might normally be acquired through up to 18 months of education or training beyond the high school level. Vocational competence in the operation of mechanical or electronic equipment may be required. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: swhite13
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston