Evaluates and analyzes market potential, conducts patent searches
for new invention disclosures and provides general office and
technical support in intellectual property management. Drafts and
negotiates new and amended technology transfer agreements and
monitors existing agreements to ensure compliance with contract
terms. Documents patents and assists in managing and tracking
university's intellectual property assets.
- Conducts patent searches and assures patent filing deadlines
are met and works to ensure patent documentation is completed and
- Maintains disclosure records, databases and summaries; creates
reports detailing current invention status and patent and licensing
- Coordinates agency invention disclosure reporting with Research
Financial Services to ensure reporting compliance, administers
other reporting responsibilities as needed.
- Monitors existing agreements to ensure compliance with contract
terms; negotiates and writes amendments as needed; ensures the
protection of university proprietary rights.
- Summarizes marketing information for university inventions at
UH System Intellectual Property Committee meetings for review.
- Drafts, negotiates and executes all forms of technology
- Evaluates, analyzes the market potential of and processes new
and existing invention disclosures.
- Performs market studies, formulates marketing plans, identifies
potential licensees, writes non-confidential invention summaries
and markets selected technologies to identified prospects.
- Assists with strategic planning for UH marketing and licensing
practices, and the creation of outreach and educational programs
relating to intellectual property.
- Reviews currently funded research projects for areas of
potential and upcoming technology. Interacts with senior
administration, faculty and business consultants. Performs other
job-related duties as required.
Master's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related Masters degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
- Master's Degree and 3 years’ experience.
- Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and
practical aspects of an analytical, technical, or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related Master’s degree from a
college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized
training program that is directly related to the type of work being
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
experience in either technology transfer, IP management, technology
licensing, innovation, contract negotiations, business development,
or a related field .