Provides clerical office support to office staff by performing
routine duties such as typing, filing, answering phones, and a
variety of other office duties.,Performs a variety of entry level
office duties, which typically include one or more of the following
- Preparing and processing purchase vouchers, Service Center
Requisitions, travel requests, travel vouchers and purchase
- Typing miscellaneous correspondence to staff, faculty, students
and external businesses and individuals.
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls to appropriate
staff; taking messages.
- Greeting visitors, answering questions, and resolving routine
problems; referring visitors to appropriate staff.
- Picking up mail and distributing it to staff; assisting with
bulk mailing, compiling mailing lists, and preparing out-going mail
- Assisting in preparing personnel and payroll records and
maintaining employee time information.
- Creating, retrieving and filing records electronically.
- Assisting undergraduate students with registration, maintaining
undergraduate database, maintaining undergraduate files, and other
items that pertain to undergraduate students.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and 6 months experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly