Employee Services Specialist 2 - (STA007787)
Primary point of contact in Human Resources providing both routine and complex assistance on Human Resources matters. Coordinates and administers the processing of personnel/payroll/benefits/FML/Training/Staff Scholarship related information and inquiries for all employees.
- Responsible for the resolution of more complex issues regarding university policies and business procedures.
- Responsible for onboarding process of new employees including I-9's both domestic and foreign nationals, direct deposit, benefit options and scanning for payroll system.
- Interrupts and reviews benefits inquiries from employees and assist with access to ERS, passwords, error requests and navigation system.
- Responsible for the initial dissemination of FML information, collection of documents, coordination of packets, analysis and approval of forms, email notification and tracking.
- Analyzes data in PeopleSoft HRMS including leave balance, hours, W-2 and W-4, electronic time and labor system, and reports results to employees who need assistance with their payroll information.
- Assist with training inquiries, enrollment, verification of completion and other related tasks.
- Responsible for requests and data input or guidance for updated name and marriage status, termination check list, applications for employment, SSN update, update or verification of benefits.
- Responsible for general university information and direction, access and password assistance for PeopleSoft, navigation with PS or ERS and other general assistance issues.
- May assist in the development of procedures and training for the Employee Services team.
- May assist with the coordination of special project assignments including Staff Tuition Scholarships, Work/Life Balance and Wellness Programs, Staff Awards and activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline;or the basic knowledge of more than one professional disciplines. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related, 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional information / Preferred Qualifications:
PeopleSoft experience a plus.
Previous higher education experience a plus.
Experience processing I-9 Forms a plus.
Bi-lingual in Spanish and English a plus.