Primary point of contact in Human Resources providing both routine
and complex assistance on Human Resources matters. Coordinates and
administers the processing of
personnel/payroll/benefits/FML/Training/Staff Scholarship related
information and inquiries for all employees.
- Responsible for the resolution of more complex issues regarding
university policies and business procedures.
- Responsible for onboarding process of new employees including
I-9's both domestic and foreign nationals, direct deposit, benefit
options and scanning for payroll system.
- Interrupts and reviews benefits inquiries from employees and
assist with access to ERS, passwords, error requests and navigation
- Responsible for the initial dissemination of FML information,
collection of documents, coordination of packets, analysis and
approval of forms, email notification and tracking.
- Analyzes data in PeopleSoft HRMS including leave balance,
hours, W-2 and W-4, electronic time and labor system, and reports
results to employees who need assistance with their payroll
- Assist with training inquiries, enrollment, verification of
completion and other related tasks.
- Responsible for requests and data input or guidance for updated
name and marriage status, termination check list, applications for
employment, SSN update, update or verification of benefits.
- Responsible for general university information and direction,
access and password assistance for PeopleSoft, navigation with PS
or ERS and other general assistance issues.
- May assist in the development of procedures and training for
the Employee Services team.
- May assist with the coordination of special project assignments
including Staff Tuition Scholarships, Work/Life Balance and
Wellness Programs, Staff Awards and activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline;or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional disciplines.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related, 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Additional information / Preferred Qualifications:
PeopleSoft experience a plus.
Previous higher education experience a plus.
Experience processing I-9 Forms a plus.
Bi-lingual in Spanish and English a plus.