Manages the day-to-day operations of a small or medium-sized
university program or department. May supervise staff employees,
student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a small or
medium-sized department or program.
- Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates
- May prepare or participate in the creation of abstracts,
research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure
manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Reviews reports of budgets and activities. Prepares ad hoc
reports as needed.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications,
scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and No experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
performed. Experience: No experience required.
Notes to Applicant:
Experience with Taleo and Faculty hiring
is a plus.