The University of Houston College of Optometry invites qualified
applicants to apply for a Lead Research Technician position in the
Department of Basic Sciences.
The Lead Research Technician position(s) will perform research
procedures including cell culture, purification of DNA constructs,
transfection of cultured cells, and experiments with cultured
cells. Breeds and genotypes experimental animals to produce animals
needed for research. May perform experiments with research animals
as needed. Maintains operations of the research laboratory. Applies
advanced skills adapting techniques, tools, or procedures to meet
special needs. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Resolves most questions referring only the most complex to
- Adapts procedures to meet special needs.
- Receives general supervision.
- May orient and train lower level employees
- Competitive salary based on experience.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Associate’s Degree with 3 years experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Well-qualified candidates will have the following qualifications/
Notes to Applicant:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year research experience
- Education in lieu of experience.
- Experience with cell culture preferred
- Experience with zebrafish prefererd.