Lead Research Technician - (STA007785)
The University of Houston College of Optometry invites qualified applicants to apply for a Lead Research Technician position in the Department of Basic Sciences.
The Lead Research Technician position(s) will perform research procedures including cell culture, purification of DNA constructs, transfection of cultured cells, and experiments with cultured cells. Breeds and genotypes experimental animals to produce animals needed for research. May perform experiments with research animals as needed. Maintains operations of the research laboratory. Applies advanced skills adapting techniques, tools, or procedures to meet special needs. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Resolves most questions referring only the most complex to higher levels.
- Adapts procedures to meet special needs.
- Receives general supervision.
- May orient and train lower level employees
- Competitive salary based on experience.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Associate’s Degree with 3 years experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Well-qualified candidates will have the following qualifications/ experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year research experience preferred.
- Education in lieu of experience.
- Experience with cell culture preferred
- Experience with zebrafish prefererd.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston