Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an
ongoing program at the University.
- Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and
prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified
- Participates in planning and develops methods for program
implementation and administration; coordinates program activities
- Reviews program records and reports of activities. Recommends
modifications to methods or procedures as required.
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc program reports for management
- Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other
documentation as required for the program.
- Participates in budget planning and is responsible for
controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for
- Conducts formal training or gives instruction regarding program
policies and procedures.
- Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals
and objectives of the program.
- Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information:
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University
of Houston is seeking an outstanding individual to join the
College’s Office of Research as a Program Coordinator 2. This is an
entry level position for those interested in developing their
skills and experience in Research Administration, particularly in
the Pre-Award field. The primary duty of this position is to assist
the College’s Research Liaison Officers with preparing and
submitting grant proposals for external funding.
Department is willing to substitute education in lieu of
Associates and 1 year experience
Education: Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and
interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable
through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty
or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a
basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's
degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program
of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of
this field.Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of
directly job-related experience.
A strong candidate for this position should possess the
- A strong interest in Research Administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint and Adobe
- Highly organized.
- Highly proficient in reading and comprehension.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eager to learn.