Program Coordinator II - (STA007799)
Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an ongoing program at the University.
- Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Participates in planning and develops methods for program implementation and administration; coordinates program activities and processes.
- Reviews program records and reports of activities. Recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required.
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc program reports for management use.
- Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other documentation as required for the program.
- Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the program.
- Conducts formal training or gives instruction regarding program policies and procedures.
- Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objectives of the program.
- Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy issues, etc.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information:
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University of Houston is seeking an outstanding individual to join the College’s Office of Research as a Program Coordinator 2. This is an entry level position for those interested in developing their skills and experience in Research Administration, particularly in the Pre-Award field. The primary duty of this position is to assist the College’s Research Liaison Officers with preparing and submitting grant proposals for external funding.
Associates and 1 year experience
Education: Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
A strong candidate for this position should possess the following:
- A strong interest in Research Administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Highly organized.
- Highly proficient in reading and comprehension.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eager to learn.