Assistant Football Coach
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University competes as a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), the New England Football Conference (NEFC) and The Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC). The University sponsors 19 intercollegiate sports for men and women in addition to club and intramural teams, and a variety of recreational opportunities. SRU Student-Athletes distinguish themselves in the classroom as well as on the field with more than 35% attaining a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
To assist the Head Coach, Football in the coaching and teaching of skills and game strategy of football, as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary duties include teaching, coaching, and mentoring student-athletes under the direction of the Head Coach, Football.
- Assist the Head Coach, Football in the recruiting process as directed.
- Coaching responsibilities in practice and match situations as determined by the Head Coach, Football.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Football.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/Salve Regina University rules and regulations.
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance by all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies, interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and the Commonwealth Coast Conference. Staff members shall immediately advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in any investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Football or the Director of Athletics.
Incumbent is subject to both inside and outside work, and could encounter extreme weather conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED required, college coursework strongly preferred. A minimum of two years of playing or coaching experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to work with traditional-aged college student population.
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer applications is preferred.
- Candidate must be committed to a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and good citizenship both on and off the field.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.