Associate Director and Fellow
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
Assist in the leadership of the Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy including guiding research and organizing events, conducting own research, and supporting the financial and organizational development of the center, in accordance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Executive Director of the Pell Center to manage all aspects of the center, including day-to-day administration, program development, as well as budgeting and reporting.
- Work with researchers and scholars on campus and around the world to develop original research programs focused on contemporary public and international issues and solutions that are consistent with the mission and identity of Salve Regina University.
- Support on-going fundraising efforts in coordination with the University's advancement office.
- Promulgate the mission of the Pell Center and Salve Regina University to all appropriate constituencies.
- Nurture and energize the activities of the Pell Center to ensure growth and build and maintain a reputation as a distinguished institution.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the Executive Director.
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Valid driver's license.
- A master's degree with knowledge and experience in the areas of international relations or public policy are required.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide-range of individuals from students to established experts and prominent public officials.
- Strong interpersonal, managerial and supervisory skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work with all constituencies of the University.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport