RISD Dining is actively seeking several Rounds Cooks to join its in-house dining and catering program. Be a part of the group that delivers exceptional hospitality by supporting local farms through seasonally-inspired menus, and utilizing the strengths of its staff to provide the absolute best in culinary artistry to the greater community.
Rounds Cooks assist the culinary and bakery staff in food preparation duties, including but is not limited to the gathering, washing, and cutting of vegetables, station-specific food production, and the following of recipes to produce daily items. They also maintain cleanliness and sanitation, and actively participate in a team setting, with keen attention to customer service, and to culinary and visual detail in support of Dining's mission.
In support of RISD Dining's mission and values, the incumbent may be called upon to perform any one or a combination of the following functions listed below:
- Prepares and completes basic kitchen, commissary and catering
items as assigned to specifications desired. Washes, peels, cuts,
handles, presents and stores ingredients according to
- Completes preparation work, ensuring all ingredients are
gathered, cleaned, available and ready for cooking.Under direct
supervision, may assist cook with simple batch items and recipes
such as, hamburgers, pancakes, and french fries.
- Set ups and breaks down and works various service areas,
including, but not limited to bakery, pizza, deli, salad and
- Follows all health code procedures including but not limited
to; temperature management, personal hygiene and sanitation.
- Assists in keeping food supplies in order by stocking, helping
with monthly inventorying, and cleaning and sanitizing work,
service and storage areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum one year of experience in food service with knowledge
and skills necessary to properly perform required tasks including
cleaning and sanitizing kitchen equipment.
- Rhode Island sanitation/ServSafe certification is required or
must be obtained within the orientation and review period.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Five days per week, hours vary. Coverage is seven days per week (two days off) while school is in session and can include daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
All dining and catering staff are considered essential personnel to the school and are therefore required to attend work even when the school is closed.
Employment Status (Temp, Term, On-call, etc)
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (preferred)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Dining - Culinary
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence