Architectural Project Manager, Facilities Services
Facilities Services at the University of Montana invites applications for an Architectural Project Manager to join their team.
The individual assigned to this position will assume the following essential responsibilities:
- Supervision of campus bond projects as directed by the Associate Director of Planning, Design and Construction (PD&C)
- The person in this position must administer the projects from conceptual stage to construction completion phase (either individually or as a team with other staff)
- Ensure that projects are kept within budget and on schedule
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions with colleagues and stakeholders
- Understand and interpret architectural, civil, structural and engineering drawings of complex multi-million-dollar projects
- Work directly with private sector architects and engineers contracted to design campus projects
- Supervision of other UM campus related construction projects
- Provide in-house architectural design services for smaller dollar amount projects on an as-requested basis by the Associate Director of PDC
- Draw basic projects for bid purposes on AutoCAD software
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of PDC
- Able to understand the work flows & sequencing of construction tasks and Critical path methods
- Experience with managing project budgets and tracking project expenditures
- Demonstrated experience with traditional bidding and contract awards. Ability to manage change order processes
- Ability to work effectively with campus faculty, researchers, students and administrators
- Ability to make presentations to faculty and staff, administrators and general public
- Possess clear understanding of current building codes and ADA accessibility standards
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Foster a spirit of teamwork within the PDC staff
- Highly developed skills utilizing MS Word, Excel, Project Manager, Adobe Acrobat and AutoCAD
- The is a full-time position and includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (i.e., MUS health insurance benefits, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program).
- Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or equivalent
- Proven work experience in architecture and/or construction management
- Licensed Architect
- Experience managing varied delivery methods for construction projects
- Experience in a University Facilities operation
- LEED Certification
About Facilities Services and UM
Facilities Services is charged with the efficient operation and maintenance of the University’s state funded physical plant and assists the various auxiliary operations with these services when requested. We support the campus in enhancing and developing its physical plant.
Planning, Design and Construction provides professional design, planning and construction related services required to maintain and create a safe and aesthetically pleasing campus environment
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, August 22, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular