At Unity, sustainability isn’t a buzzword. It’s the foundation of
our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.
We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our
properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered
to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and
entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to
Arizona to Brazil.
Engage with Unity College and you’ll start to ask tough questions,
challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking
the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the
future you want, we can make it happen.
The Assistant Registrar for Hybrid Learning performs professional
duties that assist the Registrar in daily office operations,
primarily to support Hybrid Learning Sustainable Educational
Business Unity (SEBU) student services. This position leads office
activity, helps to prioritize tasks, anticipates priorities, and
collects data used to assess success as well as managing the
student service component of the office, creating an atmosphere of
prompt, accurate, and friendly assistance to students and staff,
both online and in-person. The Assistant Registrar for Hybrid
Learning is responsible for managing academic records, coordinating
graduating students, supervising grading processes and
communications, review of transfer credits, class schedule support,
student registration, veteran education benefit management, and
At the direction of the Registrar, assist in development of Hybrid
course schedule; periodically review, assess and offer
recommendations for improvements and publishes course schedules
electronically. Similar tasks may also be performed for other SEBUs
as determined and assigned by the Registrar.
- Assist the Registrar with the assignment of classrooms for
academic purposes in accordance with policy.
- Oversee the course registration process, including
communications with SEBU about registration, and trouble-shoot
- Oversee the maintenance and integrity of confidential academic
records; provide interpretation and enforcement of academic
policies, assure institutional compliance with FERPA and generate
verification of enrollment.
- Prepare official reports for enrollment and related statistics
for distribution by the Registrar. At the direction of the
Registrar, contribute to regular reporting (i.e. IPEDS and
- Evaluate all transfer coursework for students from other
institutions. Notify students and other administrative offices of
results of evaluations. In collaboration with Admissions, review
new articulation agreements for high schools and community
- Assist recruiters and coaches to understand transfer credit
evaluations and attend admissions events as needed.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of information to
faculty/instructors and students about start of term processes,
add/drop, registration, and final grade submission.
- In consultation with the Registrar, oversee grade submission
process; periodically review and recommend improvements to
- Implement college policies and procedures; periodically review
and offer recommendations for improvements to policies and
- Serve as the primary School Certifying Officer for Hybrid
Learning Veterans’ Affairs (VA) students
- Oversee the graduation application and degree conferral process
for Hybrid Learning students. Distribute information on graduation
processes and requirements to students who are planning to
graduate. Provide students and Coaches with information about
graduation policies and procedures as needed. Track and report
- Evaluate students for degree completion. Similar tasks may also
be performed for other SEBUs as determined and assigned by the
- Monitor academic and student services websites to assure
accuracy; work with appropriate units to gather information to
implement changes as needed. Notify Registrar/Marketing team of
necessary changes to the website information.
- Monitor Registrar's Office email account and respond to general
Registrar's Office communication, questions, and student
- Serve on College Task Groups as needed.
- Crosstrain in Student Services Center functions in accordance
with the Vice President of Hybrid Learning’s directives.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1-3 years job related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Basic knowledge of the organization and classifications of the
academic curriculum at the post-secondary level.
- Experience with post-secondary academic programs and/or
transfer evaluation is preferred.
- Must be capable of independent judgement, highly motivated with
strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from students, parents, staff, managers, and the general
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to balance
- Knowledge of computerized data base systems, word processing
- Ability to define problems, collect data establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous and well poised.