KIMEP University is looking for applicants to the following new
Job Title: Dean of Quality Assurance of Academic
Position reports to: Provost and General Deputy to the
KIMEP University is the leading
American-style, internationally-accredited, English-speaking
academic institution in the Commonwealth of Independent States. It
provides a world-class academic experience and a unique
international environment to all its students and faculty members.
KIMEP University was established in 1992 and has built a very
strong regional reputation as a leading provider of higher
education. All graduate and undergraduate programs are accredited
by at least one recognized international accreditation agency.
Academic programs are regularly rated in the top rank of provision
by national bodies.
The city of Almaty is situated at the
base of the majestic Tien Shan Mountains in Southeast Kazakhstan.
About 2 million people live in or near Almaty because it is the
financial, cultural, summer and winter sports and cosmopolitan
capital of Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan is located in the heart of
Eurasia with important commercial inroads bridging Asia and Europe.
Boasting the Silk Road of the 21st century, Kazakhstan offers
unique positions in oil and gas, economic development, and trade.
With a transitioning economy that has witnessed four-fold growth
over the past decade, Kazakhstan's dynamically changing economic,
social, educational and cultural environment provides incredible
opportunities for significant and original research.
Rank and salary are competitive and
commensurate with experience and qualifications. Compensation after
tax compares favorably with net salaries in western countries.
Limited on campus housing is available
to rent, or alternatively, help is available in finding off campus
housing. In addition to salary, a benefit package includes basic
healthcare insurance, reduced tuition rates for KIMEP courses, and
subsidy for relocation allowance. New faculty members are provided
with a reduced teaching schedule during the first semester. Summer
paid teaching is typically available.
The salary will be subject to
deduction of taxes (10% Personal Income tax in general) as required
by the Law of Kazakhstan.
Job Purpose Summary:
To coordinate all activates relating to the assessment and
enhancement of academic programs, academic services as well as
non-academic services impacting student welfare and to advise the V
ice-President in the relevant area of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. To direct the Office of Quality Assurance and Institutional
2. To serve as the quality assurance auditor for the
3. To Work with the Vice Presidents to establish quality assurance
standards and methods of measurement relating to:
a) Academic quality of programs on the basis of intended Learning
b) Academic quality on the basis of thesis and internships
c) Academic accreditations and attestations
d) Academic services including admissions, registrar, financial
aid, library and Learning Support Center
e) Non-academic services such as Student Affairs Office, Dormitory,
Sports Center, website, IT facilities and catering
4. To work with the Vice Presidents to establish a schedule of QA
reporting, to review the QA reports submitted by the Vice
Presidents, to report QA results to the president, to make
recommendations to the Vice presidents for further
5. Provide guidance and direction to directors and deans so all
departments are maintaining up-to-date records, in an organized
fashion, that are necessary for accreditation. This includes but is
not limited, syllabus for all courses, program reviews, grading
documentation for each course, research records, copies of all
publications by members of the university community, promotion and
retention records and minutes of all meetings, minutes of all
academic council meetings. Faculty development records. All records
should meet the minimum IQAA and FIBAA requirements.
6. Responsible for assisting in all program reviews and
maintaining the necessary documentation of those reviews.
7. Upon request, consult with deans on issues regarding achieving
quality assurance standards and performing
8. Serve as a member of such working groups as may be set up to
manage the preparation for quality audits by the MES, other
regulatory bodies and accreditation agencies.
9. Develop and maintain an Operations Manual for quality assurance
and quality management.
10. Serve as a non-voting member of Academic Council and on the
Academic Council sub-committee for Quality Assurance.
11. Responsible for keeping the President informed on national and
international developments relevant to academic quality and
standards and take the lead in discussion in the institutions on
proposals for the improvement of quality processes.
12. Prepare for the President an annual institution-wide quality
report on all academic programs, including research, and academic
services summarizing the main points and recommendations for the
improvement of quality from College reports.
13. Contribute fully to the Institution's corporate planning and
communications processes and lead the development of the Academic
14. To collaborate with deans on accreditation and ranking
activities and monitor accreditation requirements including
fulfillment of conditions of any accreditations given
15. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Teaching one course per year required
1. PhD in a relevant area from a Western university
2. Successful experience as a manager in a higher education
institution, including having a proven record of leadership and
management, commensurate with this level of post.
3. Significant experience in the management of change.
4. A thorough understanding of Western higher education quality and
standards and experience.
5. Experience of managing professional and administrative support
6. Interpersonal communication and committee skills appropriate for
a senior member of the University.
Skills, Qualifications and Personal
• Strategic thinker
• Leadership and people management skills at all levels
• Ability to motivate and ensure staff
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Capable of building up positive relationships with government and
international agencies, employers, external bodies and other
• Team player
• Negotiating skills.
Please submit your application and the
following documents directly via this HR Portal
Please attach the following documents
to your online HR Portal's application:
-Filled and submitted application form
via HR Portal.
- Attach a full CV.
- A Cover letter that indicates the
position applied for, how you meet the minimum and preferred
qualifications and salary expectations gross in KZT.
- Please indicate your 2-3 referees'
contact details at the HR Portal application form.Only shortlisted
candidates's referees would be contacted directly; if you have the
recommendation letters you may also attach them to your
- Final candidate would be required to
submit the passport of vaccination from
Covid-19/certificate on vaccine made (2 shots).
Closing date for submission of
applications is September 19, 2021 (Sunday, 11:59
pm based on Almaty time).
The applications would be
considered/interviewed until September 30, 2021 by the Selection
Personal data provided by
applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment
Only shortlisted candidates will be
informed and invited for interviews by the Search Committee by the
end of September 2021.
The starting date of a new Dean of QA
of AP is Jan 5, 2022 (preliminary)
Address any related questions to our
HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org