Admissions Events Coordinator
Admissions Events Coordinator
Job ID: 230314
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0711100 - Office of Admissions
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Admissions Events and Visitation, the Admissions Events Coordinator will provide leadership, daily supervision, and coordination of all admissions on-campus events for the Armstrong and Liberty Campuses. In addition, this position will assist with off-campus event planning, oversee the Southern Ambassador student tour guides, and supervise both one professional staff member and student employees.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Serve as counselor on call and give daily information sessions and campus tours to visitors as needed, providing information concerning the University to prospective students and their families
- Provide daily coordination of all admissions on-campus (Armstrong & Liberty Campuses) and virtual events, including: daily visits, group tours, Eagle Previews, Transfer Fridays, counselor breakfasts and visit days, and accepted students days
- Work closely with the Statesboro Campus to ensure cohesion across campuses for daily visits and events and assist with on-campus events
- Attend and present at college fairs, high schools, admission events and other community events to recruit prospective students when needed
- Supervise one full-time administrative assistant who serves as the first point of contact for the Office of Admissions on the Armstrong Campus
- Supervise all Admissions Telecounselors as well as three to five student employees within the Armstrong Campus Welcome Center.
- Advise the Southern Ambassador student organization, which has approximately 30 volunteers who give tours of campus, work Admissions events, and assist with other department tour requests, as needed.
- Meet established visitation/event goals and generate reports and assessments for continual improvement of practices
- Ensure daily information session, counselor-on-call, and tour coverage
- Bachelor's degree
- Two or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or other related field
- Experience in event planning
- Experience in college admissions or higher education
- Experience with student and staff supervision
- Experience with a CRM system
$36,500 - $39,900
This is a non-exempt position
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized
- Ability to use effective communication (verbal and written), organizational, project and time management, and human relations skills
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and experience working with diverse populations
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position and ability to navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrated skills in organization and event planning
- Demonstrated commitment for customer service centered work ethic
Apply Before Date
August 6, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Eligible to drive a university vehicle with valid driver's license
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Work week occasionally extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Occasional recruitment travel required (some overnight)
- Occasional travel required between campuses for training and other important events
- Ability to drive a university vehicle
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=230314&PostingSeq=1