Library Technical Assistant
Library Technical Assistant
Job ID: 229758
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associates, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0170101 - Library General Operations
The Interlibrary Loan Lender will perform the day-to-day functions of the library, assist librarians in the acquisition, preparation, and organization of information, and assist library patrons in accessing information.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Ensure materials are identified and scanned
- Supervise, hire, and train staff and/or student workers
- Ensure proper shipment options are used (i.e., courier service UPS, USPS)
- Monitor and track loaned Library materials to ensure prompt return
- Process Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery requests from Georgia Southern University faculty, staff and students
- Process items borrowed by ILL unit
- Track borrowed ILL items to ensure proper use and compliance with policies and deadlines
- Assist co-workers with lending functions of ILL
- Report cataloging and database problems to C&RS librarians and staff
- Provide Support to the circulation desk
- Create invoices
- Sort material for routing in the department
- Answer procedural questions
- Cover additional duties in absence of staff members
- Assist with special projects
- Interlibrary Loan Lender
- Receive requests from libraries across the U.S. and internationally
- Determine ownership of items requested, procedures for loans based on related Library policies and licensing policies
- Interlibrary Loan Borrower
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to use ILLiad management software to process and request ILL items
- Experience working in a library
$13.51 - $13.79 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Please attach three (3) professional references to the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support the University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of and ability to learn and/or adapt to ILLiad software
- Knowledge of bibliography and organization of print and electronic information
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong detail orientation skills
Apply Before Date
July 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work performed in general library setting
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds and access materials and resources throughout the day with or without reasonable accommodation
- May be required to perform electronic data entry and read for long periods throughout the day
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=229758&PostingSeq=1