Assistant Professor, Marketing
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship with a global perspective. They are an inclusive community of diverse learners and educators, committed to continuing their legacy of developing effective communicators with reflective and critical thinking skills. They mentor and empower their students, building meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve their ambitions.
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs to undergraduate and graduate students, and their rich blend of liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that they do.
Diversity and a culture of equity and inclusion among students, faculty and staff are crucial to the mission statement of Curry College.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
The Curry College Business Management Department invites applicants for a full-time Assistant Professor of Marketing beginning Fall 2022. Successful candidates will demonstrate subject matter expertise in the field of marketing, evidence of teaching excellence, skill in engaging students through active and collaborative learning, competent use of instructional technology, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and a strong record or demonstrated scholarship potential. Courses of interest would be in the areas of marketing management, consumer behavior, business/marketing analytics, digital marketing, and research methods. The candidate should also be willing to cover other core or applied marketing topics as needed. Applicants that can enhance the department's strength in digital media and data-driven marketing are preferred.
The person in this role will be teaching in the traditional day program as well as in hybrid classes for the adult undergraduate and MBA programs. Classes are held during the daytime and evening at both the Milton and Plymouth campuses. Additional responsibilities include student advising, and engaging in service activities within the department, the College, the community, and the profession. Review of applications will begin immediately.
- The candidate must possess a Ph.D. or DBA in Marketing or a related field. (ABD will be considered with a completion date before August 2022);
- A minimum 1- 2 years teaching experience;
- Demonstrated strong research skills with the potential to publish in leading academic journals.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse faculty, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at Rachel.email@example.com, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the following:
- a curriculum vitae;
- cover letter;
- a statement of your teaching philosophy;
- a statement of contributions to diversity (statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity and/or service);
- a copy of your unofficial transcript (an official transcript will be required upon acceptance of an offer of employment); and
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milton
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milton
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milton
- Marketing & Sales Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milton