Dean- College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies
Life University is looking for a dynamic and compassionate
individual with congruent values with LIFE University to serve as
the Dean of the College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies. The
Dean of the College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies serves as
the principal administrator and supports the university mission,
values and credo; provides strategic leadership and oversight of
academic planning, curriculum, programmatic assessment, teaching,
scholarship and service, programmatic and regional accreditation,
recruitment of faculty and staff, faculty and staff development and
evaluation, student recruitment, budget development, and allocation
1. Provides overall leadership, working with the faculty and
staff, and other stakeholders, to achieve established
goals/objectives and support for the mission of the college, and
2. Responsible for development, implementation, coordination,
and assessment of academic program curricula.
3. Responsible for college/program successfully meeting all
applicable student achievement thresholds; regularly and
systematically evaluates and provides analysis for the college’s
academic program(s) in relation to applicable student achievement
thresholds (i.e retention rates, graduation rates, and
demonstration of competency outcomes).
4. Work in collaboration to support student recruitment,
retention, and timely degree completion.
5. Responsible for development, implementation, coordination,
and assessment of academic policies.
6. Oversee academic policies and procedures pertaining to
faculty, staff, and students.
7. Work with the other deans and appropriate stakeholders on
assigned projects which impact the student’s overall academic
8. Work collaboratively with appropriate administrators to
develop, manage, and administer the curricula, faculty, budgetary,
assessment and accreditation needs for the classroom, lab, and
clinic as appropriate.
9. Attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty and
10. Provide leadership in the area of faculty, administrative
and staff development and professional growth.
11. Responsible for the coordination, preparation, and
implementation of assessments and reports necessary for regional
and programmatic accreditation.
1. Doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher
2. 10 years’ experience as a faculty or administrator in related
3. Minimum five years’ experience in a high-level administrative
4. Experience working collaboratively in an environment of
1. Expertise in higher education administration.
2. Thorough knowledge of higher education structures, practices,
and procedures related to the administration of college