Dean-College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies
Dean- College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies
Life University is looking for a dynamic and compassionate individual with congruent values with LIFE University to serve as the Dean of the College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies. The Dean of the College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies serves as the principal administrator and supports the university mission, values and credo; provides strategic leadership and oversight of academic planning, curriculum, programmatic assessment, teaching, scholarship and service, programmatic and regional accreditation, recruitment of faculty and staff, faculty and staff development and evaluation, student recruitment, budget development, and allocation of resources.
1. Provides overall leadership, working with the faculty and staff, and other stakeholders, to achieve established goals/objectives and support for the mission of the college, and the university.
2. Responsible for development, implementation, coordination, and assessment of academic program curricula.
3. Responsible for college/program successfully meeting all applicable student achievement thresholds; regularly and systematically evaluates and provides analysis for the college’s academic program(s) in relation to applicable student achievement thresholds (i.e retention rates, graduation rates, and demonstration of competency outcomes).
4. Work in collaboration to support student recruitment, retention, and timely degree completion.
5. Responsible for development, implementation, coordination, and assessment of academic policies.
6. Oversee academic policies and procedures pertaining to faculty, staff, and students.
7. Work with the other deans and appropriate stakeholders on assigned projects which impact the student’s overall academic experience.
8. Work collaboratively with appropriate administrators to develop, manage, and administer the curricula, faculty, budgetary, assessment and accreditation needs for the classroom, lab, and clinic as appropriate.
9. Attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty and staff.
10. Provide leadership in the area of faculty, administrative and staff development and professional growth.
11. Responsible for the coordination, preparation, and implementation of assessments and reports necessary for regional and programmatic accreditation.
1. Doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2. 10 years’ experience as a faculty or administrator in related education/field.
3. Minimum five years’ experience in a high-level administrative capacity.
4. Experience working collaboratively in an environment of shared governance.
1. Expertise in higher education administration.
2. Thorough knowledge of higher education structures, practices, and procedures related to the administration of college operations.