Assistant Director of Special Events
- Assists the Director of Special Events in developing, planning, coordinating, implementing and reporting on University Advancement and Presidential events. Supports other fundraising and program events throughout the year.
- Creates events, properly records and manages event RSVPs in Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud NXT for University Advancement and college development events. Make daily updates and send weekly to Senior Staff and Development Officers.
- Keeps accurate purchasing records and is responsible for monthly reports.
- Enter contact reports on current and new relationships established with event attendees.
- Organize event staff and volunteers.
- Actively participate in event planning meetings.
- Liaise with donors, alumni, senior staff, faculty, and other staff as needed for events.
- Represent the university as a professional staff member at all times in attitude, dress and interaction.
- Participate in and support any special project fundraising for university priorities as assigned by Senior Staff.
- Create event briefings to be distributed to Senior Staff one week prior to event. Daily updates as needed up to day of event.
- Manage relationships and coordinate with event vendors such as parking, catering, audio visual, setup, photographers, venues and designers.
- Coordinate and strategize invitations lists for events.
- Manage inventory of equipment and supplies to run events.
- Create and maintain event checklists, event floor diagrams, schedules and budgets.
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, corporate account sales, or communications; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Working knowledge of the development field.
• Knowledge of accepted business practices and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain cordial, productive, and professional working relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
• Exceptional communications skills.
• Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
• Some knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles or ability quickly assimilate.
* Exceptional attention to details and deadlines.
* Availability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
* Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
* Strong organization and administrative skills.
* Strong internet, web and email skills.
* Strong computer skills, knowledgeable in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Experience using Microsoft Planner Boards and Teams.
* Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud NXT software a plus.
* Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation a plus.
* Successful candidate must be able to perform light lifting of chairs and tables if event set-ups need minor changes. Must be able to lift up to 15-20 pounds.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.