Application Integration Specialist
Office of Information Technology
The application integration specialist contributes an understanding
of complex business processes and technical guidance in support of
enterprise level applications. This role supports the manager of
application integration services in the management of the
University's application portfolio.
Manager of Application Integration
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Supports mission-critical enterprise applications in accordance
with business processes, University policies, IT procedures, and
- Identifies and resolves technical and functional issues in
support of business processes and end-users.
- Assists in the integration of all applications to maximize
system availability and business value.
- Evaluates proposed functional changes to existing applications
and architecture and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Ensure ongoing operational stability of electronic document
management systems, including application and system upgrades as
well as end user support.
- Integrate applications using REST/SOAP APIs with our ERP and
SQL Data warehouse
- Maintain system documentation.
- Plan, coordinate, test, and implement system and application
upgrades while communicating changes with end users.
- Assist in the development of the University's SQL data
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by manager,
director, or CIO.
- Experience in MS SQL Server, MS Windows Server, NoSQL, TCP/IP
- Experience administering Windows Server based
- 3 years development experience in SQL and another programming
language such as Python (or an equivalent language).
- Experience in database analysis, design, and implementation of
relational database applications.
- Experience leveraging APIs to extract and also update
information within an application.
- Experience using ETL tools such as SSIS.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills, knowledge of
analytical tools, and complex troubleshooting methods.
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in
supporting, maintaining, and administering complex
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes
- Create a culture of customer service and promote IT's value
across all levels of the organization.
- High ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical
field, or equivalent training, and/or experience.
- Minimum of two years' experience in IT operations and user
support is required.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2550