Application Integration Specialist
Application Integration Specialist
Office of Information Technology
The application integration specialist contributes an understanding of complex business processes and technical guidance in support of enterprise level applications. This role supports the manager of application integration services in the management of the University's application portfolio.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Application Integration Services
- Supports mission-critical enterprise applications in accordance with business processes, University policies, IT procedures, and vendor specifications.
- Identifies and resolves technical and functional issues in support of business processes and end-users.
- Assists in the integration of all applications to maximize system availability and business value.
- Evaluates proposed functional changes to existing applications and architecture and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Ensure ongoing operational stability of electronic document management systems, including application and system upgrades as well as end user support.
- Integrate applications using REST/SOAP APIs with our ERP and SQL Data warehouse
- Maintain system documentation.
- Plan, coordinate, test, and implement system and application upgrades while communicating changes with end users.
- Assist in the development of the University's SQL data warehouse.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by manager, director, or CIO.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Experience in MS SQL Server, MS Windows Server, NoSQL, TCP/IP based networking.
- Experience administering Windows Server based applications.
- 3 years development experience in SQL and another programming language such as Python (or an equivalent language).
- Experience in database analysis, design, and implementation of relational database applications.
- Experience leveraging APIs to extract and also update information within an application.
- Experience using ETL tools such as SSIS.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills, knowledge of analytical tools, and complex troubleshooting methods.
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering complex applications.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative.
- Create a culture of customer service and promote IT's value across all levels of the organization.
- High ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent training, and/or experience.
- Minimum of two years' experience in IT operations and user support is required.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2550