Vice President of Academic Affairs
The ideal candidate will report to the President as a member of senior management and serving as chief academic officer, the Vice President of Academic Affairs provides executive level direction in fulfilling the mission of the College as it relates to academic offerings to ensure an environment conducive to student learning and success. Develops a comprehensive vision and takes innovative actions that reflect wisdom and foresight. through positive engagement and professionalism. Responsible for policy and procedure formation as well as oversight of program prioritization, library services, student learning centers, and honors programs. Directly supervises academic deans and is responsible for the hiring of faculty and instructors to foster a student-centered learning environment. Collaborates with student services to provide efficient and effective course scheduling.
The position is open until filled with an initial review date of 8/6/2021.
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Provides leadership, direction, and policy formation for successful academic programs and services that are responsive to student and college needs. This includes program review and improvement, and assessment of student learning.
- Identifies opportunities for significant curricular and program enhancement through in-depth assessment of programs and develops collaborative teams and approaches to achieve those enhancements.
- Provides leadership for academic deans in assessing and responding to enrollment trends and issues, including implementation of strategies to improve student access, engagement, and success.
- Manages department budget and makes recommendations regarding financial needs in support of responsible sustainable programs. Ensures fiscal responsibility for use of funds allocated for educational programs.
- Oversees personnel and the effective delivery of programs, projects, and initiatives. Guides academic management in the observation and appraisal process.
- Recommends faculty contracts to the President in conjunction with the continuing contract process.
- Collaborates and leads regional and program accreditation, liaisons with governing bodies, committees, and departments.
- Directs various grants in support of the College vision.
- Develops short-term and long-range goals, objectives, priorities, and recommendations.
- Develops policy recommendations for consideration and adoption.
- Establishes mutually beneficial cooperation with area educational entities.
- Represents the college, at federal, state, and local meetings, seminars, or conferences as appropriate and at professional organizations related to institutional research within the state, taking a leadership role where appropriate.
- Guides, leads, reviews, verifies, observes, and manages the work of people reporting directly to you. Monitors and evaluates the performance of your employees.
- Analyzes class and program needs of the College. Determines and recommends the retention or deletion of courses and programs.
- Presents complex materials to a variety of audiences.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree
- Twelve years of increasingly responsible related experience, to include experience in higher education academic administration, supervision of academic programs, and teaching experience in higher education
- Experience leading significant change and assessment of academic programs
- Strategic thinking including effective planning, setting goals, monitoring progress, tracking results, and making appropriate adjustments to plans based on circumstances and context
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills including policy and creative writing, group presentation, and individual coaching and counseling skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving to explore new technology, processes, and approaches and making appropriate adjustments to plans based on circumstances and context
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Lake Worth
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Lake Worth
- Academic Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Lake Worth
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Lake Worth
- Other Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Lake Worth