Educational Advisor (AA22106)
Educational Advisor (AA22106)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Undergraduate Education
Unit: Educational Talent Search211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Externally Funded
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on August 9, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Externally Funded; Range B*
Salary Minimum: $36,632
Salary Maximum: $63,747
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
This is an outreach position that works out of Minnesota State University, Mankato which is dedicated to preparing middle and high school students in southern Minnesota to pursue post-secondary education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- Experience working with junior and/or senior high school students (Grades 6 - 12), or first year college students in educational advising, event coordination, public relations and/or teaching.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license and ability to meet approval rating for fleet vehicles upon hire.
- Criminal background clearance.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Experience with creating and conducting advising sessions, workshops/presentations or other group activities for junior and/or senior high school students.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain paperwork/people work balance (multi-tasking).
- Experience or strong knowledge of barriers faced by low-income, first-generation students.
- Familiarity with current trends in education/labor force.
- Knowledge of post-secondary college & university services, i.e. admissions, career development, financial aid.
- Experience with target populations.
- Ability to problem solve/critically think.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to students, secondary and post-secondary staff.
- Demonstration of positive communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong written skills, as evidenced by the application materials.
- Strong personal computer skills and experience with a variety of software programs (i.e, Word, Excel).
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Educational Talent Search is a pre-college TRIO program funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education in collaboration with Minnesota State University, Mankato. Each year, the program serves 700 area students in grades 6 through 12. Program-eligible students are either low-income or first-generation college students.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES:To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/ A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Non-Photo Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Director of Student Support Services
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M144M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 07/19/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1882
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.