The Human Resources Assistant acts in the capacity of
administrative assistant to ensure office operates smoothly. This
entry-level position assists department in carrying out various
human resources programs and procedures for all University
Essential functions will include:
- Serves as the office administrative assistant by ordering
department supplies, opening and distributing mail, answering the
telephone, scheduling appointments, and greeting and assisting
visitors to the office.
- Opens office every morning by unlocking all offices, turning on
AC/Heat, and checking paper level in copier.
- Respond daily to all emails in the human_resources mailbox or
forwards to appropriate party.
- Assists department in implementing human resources programs and
procedures and provides effective internal and external customer
- Assists in the new hire orientation process including creating
packets, conducting a campus tour to obtain office keys, ID card
and parking sticker, and creating a mailbox label.
- Maintains Human Resources department records and filing system,
including daily filing and annual personnel file purge.
- Processes background checks for all employees, vendors and
volunteers on campus. Creates and processes invoices for vendor
- Assists with the posting of vacant positions by drafting ads
and screening questions for Assistant Director and hiring manager
approval, and scheduling interview appointments for HR staff.
- Processes new hire paperwork to include drafting conditional
and formal offer letters for Assistant Director to review,
requesting IT and facilities setup, requesting keys, and ordering
business cards/name badges.
- Processes change and termination employee request forms;
responsible for ensuring that all information is included and
- Processes new hire and terminations for library employees, and
enters them into benefit system.
- Monitors and follows up with new hire requirements signed job
description, completed trainings, benefit sign-up, and attendance
for Mission Orientation.
- Processes payment for miscellaneous Human Resources bills.
- Coordinates all HR related events including Partners in
Mission, the annual benefits fair, Distinguished Staff nominations,
and the annual Christmas luncheon.
- Assists the department with data management of all human
- Responsible for office space maintenance and organization all
spaces/closets should be maintained neat and orderly.
All applicants must submit:
- Knowledge: Bachelor's degree preferably in Human
- Experience: Two years of office management experience
required; HR or Payroll field preferred. Requires prior knowledge
of principles and practices of human resources.
- Skills/Aptitude: Must be willing to work in a team
environment. One must be adept at working with numbers, proficient
in Microsoft Office, and experience working with HRIS/Payroll
software. Requires demonstrated ability to effectively and
proactively respond to internal and external customer needs and
requests. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
and interpersonal skills. Requires excellent organizational skills
and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs. Must be able to function in a
fast-paced environment and work independently.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering
equal access to its educational programs and activities or with
respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of
Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources
at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland
University is an EEO/AA employer.