Clinical Lab Coordinator
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking a Clinical Lab Coordinator for the Swain School of Nursing. The Clinical Lab Coordinator will manage and coordinate resources that provide opportunities for the students to attain knowledge and psychomotor skills that are expected for the profession of nursing.
Essential duties of the Clinical Lab Coordinator include the following:
- Working with students and faculty:
- Assist students in meeting course requirements.
- Administer and evaluate performance examinations.
- Coordinate laboratory activities to maximize use of learning resources.
- Establish a weekly activity schedule and maintain records recording the use of the laboratory.
- Provide students and faculty with orientation to the lab and simulation.
- Schedule, supervise, and evaluate lab staff, work study students, and graduate assistants.
- Collaborate with the and report to the Department Head.
- Participate in faculty meetings.
- Assist faculty with the integration of high-fidelity simulation throughout the curriculum.
- Collaborate with faculty to align return clinical demonstrations with course content.
- Provide students with remedial work to assist in meeting established clinical criteria.
- Demonstrate use of technology and multimedia equipment to students and faculty.
- Respond to request for assistance from students and faculty.
- Assist with the overall functions of the department.
- Train of nursing faculty or staff in the use of high-fidelity simulators.
- Assign students to clinical lab sections.
Maintaining the laboratory
- Acquire clinical equipment that is needed for the acquisition of clinical based learning.
- Maintain an inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Provide or obtain maintenance as needed for all lab equipment.
- Procure multimedia that provides accurate, updated health care information.
- Maintain contact information regarding technical assistance and contracts for laboratory equipment.
Building and maintaining clinical resources
- Serve as a direct line of communication with clinical agencies.
- Ensure clinical requirements expected of students are being met.
- Acquire and retain students’ records of clinical requirements
- Attain and maintain clinical affiliation agreements.
- Renew affiliation agreements on an annual basis.
MS in Nursing. Five (5) years in nursing practice and advanced knowledge of simulation. Excellent interpersonal, management, organizational, and management skills.
Advertised: Jul 19 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 02 2021 Eastern Daylight Time