REPROGRAPHICS TECHNICIAN - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
A Reprographics Technician Part Time maintains equipment in the
pressroom, prepares documents for printing, and assists students in
the press and pre-press lab.
We are looking to fill one opening for each of the following
- AM Shift: The ideal candidate will be available to work
Monday to Thursday 9am to 2pm, and Friday 9am to 1pm.
- PM Shift: The ideal candidate will be available to work
Monday to Thursday 1pm to 6pm, and Friday 2pm to 6pm.
- Operates printing machines, high speed copiers, collators,
binders and other pressroom related equipment.
- May assisting Graphic Communication students in press and
pre-press lab. Works with interns on printing projects. Prepares
printed materials for college including tests, calendars, note
pads, and other documents.
- Provides daily and weekly preventative maintenance on the
pressroom/duplication equipment. Cleans equipment as needed.
- Prepares jobs for printing by laying out films on masking
sheets (stripping); produces metallic printing plates (plate
making); and sets press components to match assigned job
- Cuts printed materials to the assigned dimensions. Uses various
methods to bind printed materials including stitching, gluing or
- Attends bi-weekly staff meetings pertaining to job
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Completion of an Associate's degree or higher from an
accredited college in Graphic Communication supplemented by two
years of directly related work experience; or four years of
directly related work experience. Completion of a basic certificate
or training in printing technology is also acceptable.
- Thorough knowledge of the lithographic process; knowledge of
the pre-press process; knowledge of high speed reprographic
- Must be self-directed, innovative, and able to assess current
operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to
improve the functioning of the department.
- Must be able to follow directives and accomplish tasks in a
- Good verbal and written skills required with the ability to
communicate with tact and diplomacy.