Reprographics Technician - Part Time
REPROGRAPHICS TECHNICIAN - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
A Reprographics Technician Part Time maintains equipment in the pressroom, prepares documents for printing, and assists students in the press and pre-press lab.
We are looking to fill one opening for each of the following shifts:
- AM Shift: The ideal candidate will be available to work Monday to Thursday 9am to 2pm, and Friday 9am to 1pm.
- PM Shift: The ideal candidate will be available to work Monday to Thursday 1pm to 6pm, and Friday 2pm to 6pm.
- Operates printing machines, high speed copiers, collators, binders and other pressroom related equipment.
- May assisting Graphic Communication students in press and pre-press lab. Works with interns on printing projects. Prepares printed materials for college including tests, calendars, note pads, and other documents.
- Provides daily and weekly preventative maintenance on the pressroom/duplication equipment. Cleans equipment as needed.
- Prepares jobs for printing by laying out films on masking sheets (stripping); produces metallic printing plates (plate making); and sets press components to match assigned job tickets.
- Cuts printed materials to the assigned dimensions. Uses various methods to bind printed materials including stitching, gluing or padding.
- Attends bi-weekly staff meetings pertaining to job assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an Associate's degree or higher from an accredited college in Graphic Communication supplemented by two years of directly related work experience; or four years of directly related work experience. Completion of a basic certificate or training in printing technology is also acceptable.
- Thorough knowledge of the lithographic process; knowledge of the pre-press process; knowledge of high speed reprographic equipment.
- Must be self-directed, innovative, and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve the functioning of the department.
- Must be able to follow directives and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Good verbal and written skills required with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago