Associate Dean - Student Services
Harold Washington College (HWC)is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
Primary Objective: Under the general direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Associate Dean of Student Services administers and provides leadership to student services operations for the college, i.e., advising and transition and student leadership and engagement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interviews, recommends for hire, supervises, evaluates
performance and provides professional development for staff in the
Student Services Division.
- Provides vision and leadership toward a seamless advising and
transition process for new, current, traditional, non- traditional
and special interest students. Coordinates and adapts procedures to
ensure that prospective and current students receive timely and
exemplary service from entry through transfer.
- Oversees and manages the offices of Admissions, Advising,
Transfer, Career Placement, Testing, Student Activities, Veteran’s
Affairs, Student Discipline, and other areas at the discretion of
the Dean and College President. Ensures that all policies and
procedures are documented and communicated to affected
- Serves as the College’s Title IX representative to ensure
compliance with all rules and regulations related to student
- Provides oversight to any grants funding student services.
Ensures that grants are expended properly and that required
reporting is done on a timely basis.
- Collaboratively participates in the registration process to
ensure service excellence, especially at peak registration
- Serves as a liaison between Instruction and Student Services to
ensure co-curricular activities to develop student leadership &
- Directs all student service-related retention efforts for the
college. Serve as campus liaison to CCC district–wide retention
initiatives, articulating and implementing districtwide and campus
specific mission, vision, values and strategic goals for student
development and retention. Collaborates with managers responsible
for instructional retention efforts to ensure consistency in
retention efforts. Participates in divisional, institutional,
state, regional and national committees to develop and advance
institutional retention efforts.
- Serves as a liaison between the Instructional and Student
Services offices to ensure that student academic advising is
enhanced by a strong collaboration between faculty and College
- Pays attention to detail in all aspects of each assignment to
ensure accuracy of information and reports.
- Manages and resolves complex student conflict, builds
collaborative relationships with other institutional departments to
develop a student-centered support process, up to and including
discipline when necessary. Focuses institutional efforts to create
a studentcentered approach to all areas of student services.
- Serves as a lead Student Services administrator in the absence
of the Dean - Student Services.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree plus 15 hours in related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years administrative experience in multiple
areas of student services: academic advising, admissions, and
evaluation of student activities, programs and services.
- Experience in evaluating effectiveness of functional areas
related to student services.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in
one’s work experience.
- Experience in union setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create support systems that fosters
student success and development.
- Demonstrated experience in handling student relation
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing student
confidentiality and other student related issues.
This job description is developed to provide a general description of the duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive set of the duties and responsibilities, nor the necessary qualifications to perform the work.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Deans Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago