HUMANITIES FACULTY, PART-TIME
CITY COLLEGES OF CHICAGO, HAROLD WASHINGTON COLLEGE
Harold Washington College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty
to teach Mythology and/or Media Studies during the Fall 2021
semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are
committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining
our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the
classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies
that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in
critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master of Arts in Humanities, Comparative Religions, Foreign
Language, or Literature, or another MA with 18 graduate credit
hours in one or several related humanities disciplines is
- Knowledge of Brightspace, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the