The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department encourages
applications for a Marketing Intern!
This 9 month-limited
term position will assist with the marketing and promotions of CU
Athletics including but not limited to: Football, men’s basketball,
women’s basketball, volleyball, women’s soccer, women’s tennis, and
women’s lacrosse. This position is structured to expose the
individual to all aspects of marketing, including promotions,
ticket sales, and enhancement of the fan experience.
This 9 month position is responsible for promoting the philosophy
and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall
include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s
Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core
Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and
regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the
prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only
member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to
directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative
research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and
students work with the broader community to establish outstanding
connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and
around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The Marketing Intern will be Responsible for the
What You Should Know
- Assist in the execution of gameday for football, and
potentially men’s basketball.
- Will be assigned one Fall sport (volleyball or soccer), one
Spring sport (lacrosse or tennis) and will share responsibility for
women’s basketball with other marketing associate.
- Will help build and execute marketing plans to increase fan
- Serve as gameday director for their assigned sports and
responsible for PA scripts, timing sheets, in-game promotions,
sponsor activation, videoboard content and coordinate spirit, band,
PA Announcer, DJ and interns.
- Collaborate and connect with liaison from designated team,
Sports Information, Ticket Office, Facilities, Buff Club,
BuffVision and multi-media rights' holder to coordinate and
implement successful social, in-game promotions, halftime
activities and ticket sales effort.
- Help Director of Marketing manage gameday interns that assist
with pre-game, in-game promotions, sponsored promotions, halftime
entertainment, on-campus marketing, and various events in the
- Take an active role with student marketing by crafting and
developing new ways to reach students via advertising and social
media. Will coordinate and execute on-campus engagement and build
relationships with student groups on campus.
- Collaborate with student section leadership to improve the
What We Can Offer
- The work schedule is M-F 8:00-5:00. This position requires work
after 5pm, on weekends and holidays.
- The salary rate for this 9 month position is $2964/mo.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets:
Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Collaborative. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Equivalent
combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Ability to work after 5pm, on weekends, and holidays.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Be engaging and outgoing with both large groups and
- Have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, meet due dates, and be organized.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, initiative, and
attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred,
but not crucial.
- Prior experience in the area of sports marketing is
- Previous experience with creating and/or execute marketing
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 25, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: