Marketing Intern - Athletics
The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department encourages applications for a Marketing Intern! This 9 month-limited term position will assist with the marketing and promotions of CU Athletics including but not limited to: Football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, volleyball, women’s soccer, women’s tennis, and women’s lacrosse. This position is structured to expose the individual to all aspects of marketing, including promotions, ticket sales, and enhancement of the fan experience.
This 9 month position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The Marketing Intern will be Responsible for the Following:
- Assist in the execution of gameday for football, and potentially men’s basketball.
- Will be assigned one Fall sport (volleyball or soccer), one Spring sport (lacrosse or tennis) and will share responsibility for women’s basketball with other marketing associate.
- Will help build and execute marketing plans to increase fan attendance.
- Serve as gameday director for their assigned sports and responsible for PA scripts, timing sheets, in-game promotions, sponsor activation, videoboard content and coordinate spirit, band, PA Announcer, DJ and interns.
- Collaborate and connect with liaison from designated team, Sports Information, Ticket Office, Facilities, Buff Club, BuffVision and multi-media rights' holder to coordinate and implement successful social, in-game promotions, halftime activities and ticket sales effort.
- Help Director of Marketing manage gameday interns that assist with pre-game, in-game promotions, sponsored promotions, halftime entertainment, on-campus marketing, and various events in the Boulder area.
- Take an active role with student marketing by crafting and developing new ways to reach students via advertising and social media. Will coordinate and execute on-campus engagement and build relationships with student groups on campus.
- Collaborate with student section leadership to improve the gameday atmosphere.
What You Should Know
- The work schedule is M-F 8:00-5:00. This position requires work after 5pm, on weekends and holidays.
What We Can Offer
- The salary rate for this 9 month position is $2964/mo.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Ability to work after 5pm, on weekends, and holidays.
What You Will Need
- Be engaging and outgoing with both large groups and individuals.
- Have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, meet due dates, and be organized.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred, but not crucial.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Prior experience in the area of sports marketing is preferred.
- Previous experience with creating and/or execute marketing plans.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 25, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder